Patient Portal FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a personal health record (PHR)?
A personal health record is a summary of a patient’s medical history, which can be accessed online through a patient portal.
2. What is a patient portal?
A patient portal is a secure online application that allows patients to communicate with their healthcare providers and access important health information. Brown & Toland has selected a company called FollowMyHealth to be our patient portal partner. You may see their name during the registration process.
3. How do I sign up for the patient portal?
Contact your Brown & Toland physician’s office and let them know you would like to sign up. You will receive an invitation via email from your Brown & Toland physician to join our patient portal. Follow the instructions in your email invite.
4. How do I create an account for the patient portal?
Using the link you received from your physician, you can create a new username and password for the patient portal on the FollowMyHealth secure login page. Simply provide your email address and you will receive an email to verify your new account. Alternatively, you can choose to use an existing Facebook, Google, Yahoo, and/or Windows Live with your username and password for that account.
5. Is my personal information on the patient portal secure?
Yes. Maintaining your privacy is a top priority. Steps were taken to ensure that the patient portal meets federal and state privacy laws. Your personal health information in the patient portal cannot be accessed by anyone through Facebook, Google, Yahoo or Windows Live. Similarly, nobody using the patient portal can access your personal information in Google, Facebook, Yahoo or Windows Live.
6. Who do I contact if I need help registering?
Common registration questions can be answered by our patient portal partner, FollowMyHealth.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance during the registration process or have technical questions.
- You can find more information at the patient portal Knowledge Base.