Brown & Toland Care Management Strategies
Our proprietary care management strategies are central to our success with accountable care initiatives and in caring for Medicare Advantage members. Our strategies include:
- Use of predictive analytics and population risk stratification to identify patient needs and provide 360° care and support
- Processes to identify gaps in care and to improve preventive screenings
- Access to after-hours care and the Nurse Advice Line as an alternative to the emergency room
- Identification of patients admitted to hospitals and daily care management rounds with hospitalists
- Post-discharge calls for better transition of care and medication reconciliation that improves adherence and reduces readmissions
- Complex care management and chronic disease management, including outreach, individual care plans and high-touch care
In addition, we are continually refining our compassionate end-of-life program to help provide medical and emotional support for patients with terminal illness. Our in-home provider program serves some of our more vulnerable patients.
What’s different about care management at Brown & Toland is that we serve as a true extension of care, always working in close collaboration with our doctors, hospitals and other partners to connect patients to the right care at the right time.
In doing so, we are achieving higher patient participation in preventive screenings and reducing hospital stays and readmissions, with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes.