Oakland, Calif (March 12, 2020) – As the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and California Department of Public Health (CDPH) announced this week new protocols and requirements for minimizing the continuing spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Brown & Toland has developed communications to support member awareness and physician preparedness. “Helping our 350,000 members and 2,700 physicians navigate this confusing time and doing all we can to keep them healthy is our highest priority,” says Kelly Robison, CEO of Brown & Toland Physicians. Brown & Toland members can visit www.brownandtoland.com to find more information on:
- How to minimize the risk of exposing themselves or others to illness based on guidelines issued by the CDC.
- Understanding the symptoms and differences between COVID-19 and other strains of cold and flus.
- What to do if they suspect they have been exposed to COVID-19.
Brown & Toland’s network of physicians are receiving direct communications that compile critical information and instructions from the CDC, CDPH and DMHC regarding:
- High intensity patient triage and referral to emergency medicine
- Telephonic healthcare options
- COVID-19 testing options (non-emergent)
- Waiver of cost-sharing amounts (co-pays) for medically necessary COVID-19 screening and testing
- COVID-19 quarantining, reporting and maintaining Access to Care standards
- Personal protective equipment usage
- Limiting/Rescheduling wellness visits to minimize exposure to “at risk” populations
- Increased office hygienic practices and sanitation protocols
“Brown & Toland proudly partners with other Bay Area community healthcare providers in doing all we can to best support our physicians in delivering care to their patients as we collectively work through this challenging situation,” says Dr. Joel Klompus, president and acting Chief Medical Officer for Brown & Toland Physicians. Brown & Toland Physicians will continue to keep its members and network of physicians informed of the changing directives from public health entities throughout the duration of this cold and flu season.
About Brown & Toland Physicians Brown & Toland Physicians is a leading network of independent doctors focused on delivering personalized and high-quality healthcare to the San Francisco Bay Area. Its network of more than 2,700 physicians, serving more than 350,000 HMO and PPO patients, is dedicated to improving care and reducing costs through innovative care management and care coordination programs, use of healthcare technology, and population health management strategies. Brown & Toland collaborates with leading hospitals and health plan providers to help improve the health of our Bay Area communities. To learn more, visit www.brownandtoland.com.