Posts on Holidays
Addition Over Subtraction
With the arrival of a new year people often make resolutions to lose weight or give up something to be healthy, but all too often we fall short of our goals. What if we made a new kind of resolution to keep us on track? Achieving your goals without telling yourself "no" most of the time can often come down to a simple flip. For example:
The most wonderful time of year is here again. Make your holiday season merry and bright by keeping your mind and body healthy. Here are our favorite tips for doing just that!
1. Get enough sleep - The extra family, friend and social time during the holidays can take a toll on sleep. Make sure you get enough by scheduling a couple of relaxing days in-between late-night parties where you go to bed early and can sleep in a bit longer.
If you're looking for a large appetizer for your upcoming party, look no further then this soup recipe that feeds 35.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 to 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removed
- 1 shallot, diced
- Kosher salt
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup stock
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives or roasted pepitas, for garnish