Cauliflower Puree (Mashed potatoes healthier cousin)
1 medium head cauliflower (3 lbs / 1.3 Kg) trimmed and cut into florets
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For garnish: chopped fresh thyme, extra virgin olive oil, homemade flavored salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the cauliflower and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender. Drain, return it back to the hot pan and let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes with the lid on.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor, add the olive oil, salt and pepper and purée until smooth. (You can also use a potato masher or hand blender).
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*You can store the cauliflower mashed potatoes in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Resource: HomeChef Cooking School