Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Members
Brown & Toland Physicians is committed to helping our members stay healthy during this cold and flu season. With the continuing evolution surrounding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have created a place for members to visit and be connected to the most current information from the most accurate and credible sources. Below you will find instructions and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as links to other resources and reference materials.
What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified in late 2019. In 2020, several cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed globally, including the United States.
What are common COVID-19 symptoms?
The following symptoms may appear 2 – 14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
How does COVID-19 spread?
- Between people in close contact with one another (about six feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Touching surfaces or objects that have the virus on it and then touching your face.
How do I reduce my risk of contracting COVID-19?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
What do I do if I think I’ve been exposed to COVID-19?
- If you develop symptoms (fever, cough, trouble breathing), immediately seek medical advice.
- Call your healthcare provider’s office before you go and tell them about your symptoms. They will give you instructions on how to get care without exposing other people to your illness.
- While sick, avoid contact with people, don’t go out, and delay any travel to reduce the possibility of spreading illness to others.
Find my doctor
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Website
Is it Coronavirus or the Flu?
*check out the updated COVID-19 information as of 10/16/2020