Spiced Winter Fruit Compote with Raisin Balsamic Syrup
February 20, 2018
- 1 medium sweet apple peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 slightly firm pears peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup black or golden California raisins
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup spiced cider
- 1/2 cup raisins black or golden
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- water to thin if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place apples, pears, cranberries, 1 cup of raisins and cider in a glass baking pan and toss to combine. Roast fruit for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain and reserve any excess juice from the pan, and let fruit cool to room temperature.
- To prepare syrup, combine any remaining juice from the roasted fruit, 1/2 cup raisins and balsamic vinegar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until raisins are completely soft and vinegar begins to thicken.
- Let raisin-balsamic mixture cool and then blend until smooth in a blender or food processor.
Resource: HomeChef Cooking School