Sweet Potato Pie
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a great dessert to accompany that turkey.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 9-inch refrigerated piecrust
Step 1: Heat oven to 350° F.
Step 2: In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat the butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add the egg, orange juice, and honey and beat for 2 minutes. Add the sweet potato, evaporated milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and combine.
Step 3: Pour the sweet potato mixture into the crust. Bake until the filling is set, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Serve at room temperature.