Brown & Toland Physicians Health and Safety Compliance
The health and safety of our employees comes first at Brown & Toland Physicians. In light of the current on-going COVID-19 pandemic and in compliance with the Cal-OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards (the “Cal-OSHA ETS”), Brown & Toland Physicians has implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 Prevention Plan (the “CPP”).
To ensure that our employees’ safety continue to remain a priority while working at your clinics, we want to confirm that your practices are in compliance with the various COVID-19 related safety and health orders and regulations, including the Cal-OSHA ETS which went into effect on November 30, 2020. This is part of our Management Services and Licensing Agreement (MSLA) under Article 7.1.
By signing this agreement as an individual or approved representative, you affirm that:
- I am aware of the health and safety risks posed by COVID-19 pandemic;
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, I have implemented appropriate safety protocols at the Center to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure at the Center among all workers, visitors and patients;
- These protocols are in compliance with the Cal-OSHA ETS and all state and local health orders, and include, among others, the following:
- Temperature or symptoms screening to exclude any individuals who may have symptoms of COVID-19;
- Face mask or face covering requirements, including PPE where appropriate;
- Social distancing requirements, or where social distancing is not possible I have implemented other physical barriers to minimize direct contact between individuals inside the Center;
- Increase ventilation or air flow, where possible;
- Hygiene and frequent handwashing requirements among all workers;
- Enhanced cleaning of workstations, frequently used equipment such as computers, copiers, telephones, keyboards, etc. This enhanced cleaning is separate from the general daily janitorial services that is outlined in the MLSA;
- An established process to immediately notice all workers, and Brown & Toland Physicians, of any “close contact” exposure to a positive COVID-19 case;
- COVID-19 testing where applicable; and
- Communication to all workers at the clinics of these protocols.
- I have and shall continue to comply with all other COVID-19 related legal obligations as well as those continuing obligations under the MLSA.
Please sign and return a copy of this notice to Brown & Toland Physicians within 7 days from the date of this notice. Please notify your Physician Services Advisor ([email protected]) immediately if you cannot sign and return the notice as requested together with a reason for not signing or have any questions. Also, if you are in the process of implementing these COVID-19 safety protocols, please let us know.